The national goals of the Pediatric Pulmonary Centers are:
- To provide interdisciplinary leadership training at the graduate and post-graduate levels in pediatric pulmonary medicine, nursing, nutrition and social work plus pharmacy to prepare health professionals to effectively care for children with chronic respiratory disease.
- To engage with families as full partners to support family-centered practice, policies, and research serving children and youth with special health care needs.
- To increase access to health services through innovative methods such as telehealth, collaborative systems of care, and distance learning modalities.
- To provide technical assistance, consultation, continuing education (CE), and subject matter expertise to facilitate academic-practice partnerships.
- To support diverse and underrepresented trainees and faculty, and increase the cultural competence and skills of trainees and faculty to address health disparities in underserved communities.