Asthma 101™ : What You Need to Know, created by the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest, is an excellent starting point for learning about asthma. The 47-page booklet describes how asthma impacts the lungs, signs and symptoms, medication and environmental treatment, and self-management strategies. An asthma action plan and medication delivery device instruction sheets are also included.
- Asthma 101™ : What You Need to Know in English
- Asthma 101™ : What You Need to Know in spanish
- Community Asthma Program on the Navajo Nation - This video version of Asthma 101 was created for the Navajo Community Asthma Program in response to requests from Navajo Nation community members.
- Additional asthma resources are available on the American Lung Association’s website.
The Asthma Challenge Game consists of an asthma education text and an interactive on-line tool to reinforce the learning.
- Asthma Booklet - education about asthma facts
- Asthma Challenge - corresponding interactive game to test asthma knowledge
Other asthma education items:
- 504 Education Plan for Asthma - a brochure for parents
- Asthma Education: The Keys to Asthma Prevention & Control - a pamphlet for families
- Asthma Medication Reminder Card
- Asthma Rubik's Cube
- Asthma Education for Teachers - a PowerPoint presentation
For more information, contact Lisa Rascon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-626-1567.